Sponsored Post

Lavina Mays to Open in Burien/Normandy Park on July 13

Lavina MaysThe pricing is done, the staging is nearly complete, and we’re all about to enjoy the opening of a new store in the Burien/Normandy Park area. It’s called Lavina Mays (La-vine-a M-a-z-e). B-Town Blog welcomes them as new advertisers.

Owners Alan McGuire and Dennis Nash, also known as The Garden Guys, will be awaiting your arrival at Lavina Mays on Tuesday July 13th at 10 a.m, and their “guard dog” Edgar Martinez — a Corgi, not the baseball player — may be there to welcome you as well. The Garden Guys guarantee us that he’s very friendly.

Alan McGuire

Alan McGuire, one half of The Garden Guys

As we previously reported, Lavina Mays Garden, Gift and Home Decor store is… well… a home furnishings, garden, home decor and gift store.

Some, but not all eco-friendly merchandise includes:

  • Garden products including soils and organic pest control
  • Bio-degradable bamboo pots that decompose
  • Bio Bags for dogs, compost and kitchen material
  • A large variety of decorative lamps made from re-cyclied leaves and bamboo.
  • Handbags
  • Soaps and oils from Indigo Wild, makers of “Zum” products.
  • Woodwick Candles

Lavina Mays will also feature handmade twig tables crafted by a Seattle artisan. Most represented wood pieces in the store are from the Northwest.

Lavina Mays Products

Just a tiny slice of the products shoppers will find at Lavina Mays

As far as home furnishings and gifts you’ll be able to select from:

  • Pillows
  • Quilts
  • Pre de Provence soap and lotions
  • Specialty Picture Frames
  • A children’s section including kids gloves, garden tools and toys
  • More!

Dennis tells us that the store is about 95% “Eco-friendly.” We’d estimate the merchandise representing the other 5% includes pottery, yard ornaments, garden tubs, hoses, watering wands, garden equipment and Woodstock Chimes — already tuned and ready to go, in both metal and wood.

Lavina Mays 2,000 square foot retail store will open on July 13th. But wait there’s more, their 500 square foot garden area will open on Thursday July 17th outside (behind the yet to be built fence) with summer color and perennials. They’ll also have house plants.

Dennis Nash

Dennis Nash, the other half of The Garden Guys

When asked about why Dennis and Alan are leaving their long-term business of Alki Landscape Company in West Seattle, they replied in unison “we’re getting too old” (to work as landscapers). Dennis is a long-time landscaper and Alan has had a previous career in retail, so it seemed right to them. Both have lived in Normandy park since 2001.

And why Lavina Mays? Easy for them. To honor the memory of Alan’s mother Stella Lavina McGuire and in honor of Dennis’s mother, Oma May Nash (who will be visiting next month to inspect the new store).

Lavina Mays is located at 17824 1st Ave South in Burien by Curves. You know, in that part of Burien that everyone thinks is Normandy Park, but it’s not.

There’ll be an official grand opening in a few weeks. Keep on reading the B-Town Blog for updates.

Dennis and Alan

Dennis and Alan are looking forward to welcoming you to Lavina Mays!

[Would you like to have a Blogvertorial story, Ad and/or Event Listing like this on a popular, fast-growing website seen by over 51,000 interested Local Readers every month? Email us for more info, or check out our Advertise page!]

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!