SNOW UPDATE: No Garbage/Recycling; City Services, Bus Routes All Affected
Last night’s snowfall has affected the Normandy Park (and greater King County) area, causing many delays, closures, snow routes for buses and more, including lots of kids and families out having fun (so be careful if you have to drive).
Here’s what we know:
- Since it’s mid-winter break for Highline Public Schools, no need for a “snow day.” District Offices Closed. No out of District Transportation. No After School Activities.
- Normandy Park City Hall and Recreation Center is closed today, Thursday February 24, 2011 due to weather conditions. Police services are uninterrupted. If you need an Officer’s assistance please dial 9-1-1.
- Highline College and CWU branch will open at 10:00am today (Thursday, 2/24/11)
- Allied Waste customer and residential garbage/recycling operations are NOT operating today.
Here’s more info on garbage from Allied Waste, which services Auburn, Kent, Tukwila, SeaTac, Des Moines, & Normandy Park:
Customer Service & Residential operations are closed today. There will be limited commercial services
A double load of garbage, recycling and yard debris will be collected at no additional charge on the next regularly scheduled collection day. Excess materials due to missed collection can be put in a temporary container, such as a box or paper bag marked “Garbage,” “Recycling” or “Yard Debris.
Tips for Extra Material Storage and Set Out: Allied Waste suggests that residents use the following options for storing and setting out extra materials:
Extra garbage: Place next to garbage container in:
· Securely tied plastic bags labeled “Garbage” or
· 32-gal can with handle and lid (65 lb limit) labeled “Garbage”
Extra recycling: Place next to recycling cart in:
· Plastic recycling bins or
· Cardboard boxes (2x2x2 ft. limit) labeled “Recycling”
· No recycling in plastic bags
Extra yard trimmings (No food scraps or plastic): Place next to yard cart in:
· Heavy paper yard bags (available at hardware stores) or
· Reusable polywoven yard bags (available at hardware stores) or
· 32-gal cans with handles & lids (65 lb limit) labeled “Yard” or
· Bundles tied with sisal twine (4’x2′ limit)
Commercial customers are being serviced as soon as conditions allow safe collection. Priority service is given to locations such as hospitals and restaurants, where public health is a concern. Please keep storm drains clear and container access areas free of plowed snow accumulation.
Allied Waste is committed to providing reliable collection for all customers. However, in the extremely unusually prolonged weather-related delays of the past two weeks, we appreciate customer understanding and cooperation as we manage collection on emergency scheduling as safe collections procedures allow.