Hundreds of local Zombies – young and old – will gather at Normandy Park Towne Center on Saturday, Oct. 26 for the 2nd annual ‘Zombie Fest,’ celebrating the beginning of the haunting—and holiday season.
The Normandy Park Zombie Fest runs from Noon to 9 p.m. to promote visibility for local businesses and to raise money for the Highline Schools Foundation Excel Grant program, the Highline Food Bank, the Des Moines Food Bank and the Friends of Normandy Park Foundation, a new organization that will raise funds and organize events to raise awareness about Normandy Park as a great place to live and work.
A myriad of family-friendly events are planned:
- Zombie Fest charity chili champion booth featuring award-winning chili and BBQ.
- The 2nd annual Zombie Zumbathon. Last year drew 100 participants!
- A performance by the Seattle Thrillers. By the way, October 26th is Thrill the World Day!
- A mock disaster zone to raise awareness about disaster preparation and give festival- goers a taste of real Zombie disaster zone!
- A Zombie photo booth and Zombie face-painting.
- Local business, food and beverage vendors and a charity beer garden are also part of the fun.
- And of course 200 free pumpkins, trick-or-treat bags, and music from local bands such as Vote for Pedro and Normandy Park’s VERY OWN band – The Approximations.
- Plus…did we mention ZOMBIES?!
The suggested festival admission is a $5 donation or five cans of food per family. It all goes to the local food banks!
For a complete schedule of events, and to volunteer or learn about sponsorship and booth opportunities, visit the official Normandy Park Zombie Fest website: www.nwzombiefest.com.
Visit them on Facebook and don’t forget to Like ‘em: https://www.facebook.com/nwzombiefest Or contact Susan West at email@example.com or 206-818-6945.