City Manager’s Report for week ending Oct. 14, 2022
City Council Meeting Roundup
On Tuesday, October 11th, the City Council had its regular monthly meeting. Here are the meeting highlights.
- New City Councilmember Sheri Healey was sworn in as a City Councilmember for Position #1.
- Judge Lisa Leone gave the City Council an update on the city’s court system.
- The City Council approved an ordinance that will amend the Normandy Park Municipal Code and clarify dangerous dog rules. This new code will better conform to current State law and provide a straightforward procedure for appeals making our process more defensible.
- Normandy Park resident Jennifer Ng was appointed to serve on the city’s Art Commission.
- The City Council approved a tree maintenance ordinance, which includes designating the Parks Commission as the city’s Tree Board to help oversee all the trees on public property. This ordinance will help the city qualify for a Tree City USA designation.
- The City Council discussed items they would like to see on the city’s legislative agenda for 2023. Once approved, the Legislative Agenda will reflect the policies that support the City’s strategic goals and focus on what the City can ask other legislative bodies to do to help Normandy Park. The City Council will present a revised document for consideration at its November meeting.
Autumn Art Fest coming on Wednesday!
Mark your calendars for a free and fun night of music and local art on Wednesday, Oct. 19, hosted by your Normandy Park Arts Commission! Enjoy a string quartet performance by the Joseph Bichsel Quartet, art displays, and wine at the Normandy Park Community Club (The Cove) from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Spread the word about this magical Autumn Art Fest event. We hope to see you there!
Did you know that October is National Energy Awareness Month? Please celebrate with us and the Census Bureau by reading some facts about solar energy in the U.S. and solar permitting in Normandy Park. Click here to read more about the topic. Let us know what you see in the data!
If you have any questions, please get in touch with me at [email protected].
“Have a great week!”
Amy Arrington, City Manager
City of Normandy Park
801 SW 174th Street
Normandy Park, WA 98166
(206) 248-8246 (Direct Phone)