All are invited to come along for a saunter through Normandy Park’s pristine green spaces to identify and learn about our ever-abundant medicinal and edible plants, starting Saturday, Mar. 18, 2023.
These free walks will run from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. on four upcoming Saturdays (see schedule below).
- Jaime Van Doughty, gardener, naturalist, and herbalist, invites you to join her in exploring thriving wildlife with wonder at the forefront.
- On the trail, we will pause to identify medicinal and edible plants of the season, bringing our senses to a fine focus to learn more about habitat and the synergy between plants, animals, and people.
- This will surely be an opportunity to slow down, replenish and connect with the natural world.
- This is a free, family-friendly event! Please register in advance, as space is limited.
The schedule for the walks is as follows:
- Nature Trails – Saturday, Mar. 18, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Walker Creek Preserve – Saturday, April 22, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Nature Trails Park – Saturday, May 6, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Walker Creek Preserve – Saturday, July 15, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Register here or email Parks & Recreation Manager Aimee Lloyd at [email protected].